Big Sister Stand-Up Card

This is a card I made for a girl who was not going to be an only child anymore.  She was at the babyshower for her new baby sister, so I wanted her to have something special too.  I made her this card and gave her a little gift bag full of goodies that any 8 year old girl would love.
The card folds flat, put pops open and then rests in a slit at the back.

I created a scene in the back to show off the 3-D look of it.

I just love making these types of card because you can make them any theme and it looks so cool.
Below is the template for an 8.5"x 11" paper...just make sure that when you cut out the inside rectangle you don't cut where the dotted lines are...that's where it folds and stays together.
I'd love to see anyone else's take on this stand up card.
Hint...Cut slits in the inside rectangle to stick letters or cut out shapes through, just make sure you make a tail so it can stick through the slit.




Comments

  1. Thanks for the template. Your card is so creative and I hope I can do half as well when I try to make one.
    I am now going to look at the rest of your incredible creations. You have a wonderful talent with paper and it is nice to spend time looking around your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see your take on the card, I really appreciate your kind comments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Blessings

Aged Treasure Chest

Coffee Filter Fall Leaves