Anniversary Card

This year my husband and I celebrated our 6th Anniversary!  I asked him what he wanted, and he said a card creation of my choosing...
No joke, I know...I have the best husband ever!
So I set off to create a compilation of our six years together, and I realized how quickly the years were blending together.  I even had a hard time remembering how we spent our 2nd and 3rd anniversarys, so I knew I wanted to make a memoir of what we did each year so we wouldn't forget. 
Also within the last 2 years we started taking road trips.  At first we took a road trip on our anniversary in 2009, our first road trip together, and we loved it!  We went to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC, we ate at Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah, GA, and we toured the awesome gardens at the Maymont Estate in Richmond, VA.  We had a fantastic time, but since our Anniversary is in August, we found ourselves uncomfortably hot and decided to move our road trips to the fall when the leaves reveal their colors and the air smells crisp. 
That is where the theme of my card came  from, our road trips...so have a look at our journey thus far:



Who knew the word Anniversary was sooooo long, I had to make it a pull out.

Wait for it....

Ta-dah!  It pops up and I added little tags with a brief description of each years adventure, including the year, where we lived and where we spent our anniversary.

The Title says: Enjoying LIFE'S Journey with you.

I used Basic Grey's Color me Silly digital papers

I used trendy twine to create the "road" and tied some on the tags.
 I used SVG Cuts freebie road trip SVG for part of my title and decoration.






I hope I've inspired you with colors, texture and techniques.  Hope you're having a happy day!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Blessings

Aged Treasure Chest

Coffee Filter Fall Leaves