Pumpkin Mouse House

So I know Fall is still a little ways off, but SVG Cuts is having a contest using only three of their Autumn kits/collections. 
I've been checking out the competition and there are some creative crafty folks out there.  If you are interested in submitting or looking at the entries you have until Sunday, August 26 to enter.

For my project I made a nifty house for a cute mouse that I named Martha, just because she needed a name.  Since there is a lot to it I decided to try my hand at a video.  Sorry for the grainy picture, my camera isn't exactly professional grade, but I think it gets across the different colors and sides of the house. 



Now, if your eyes hurt from the crappy video quality, I tooks some stills in better light so you can see it in it's full harvest color scheme. I hope the judges like it, they are all so generous and sweet...Oh come on...I'm not buttering up, it's true :)


So I'm not going to go into all of the tedious details about how I made it, unless someone wants to know, in which case I would be happy to share all of the details. But for now I'll spare you the stats and just show you some key parts.

For the little table I wanted it to be a lantern too, so I glued one side and added velcro to one of the little table cloth loops so that it opens like a lid and an led tealight fits inside.


I used some digital papers in this project too, such as the wood floor and the red patterned paper.

I got some flair from Paper Play Studio, where you can find all different themed buttons which are super cute and very fun.

I also used some of Trendy Twines Peppermint Stick and Chocolate Truffle Twine.







Since I wanted to be able to open the top, I just glued one piece of the top and added velcro to the opposite flap to hold it closed. I also added a color changing led to the lid held on with...you guessed it, velcro...I love velco!

Oh, and the mouse and table come out too, so really I can change up the scene or just leave the inside empty if I want. So I hope you enjoyed looking at the little mouse house.  Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you, toodles!




Comments

  1. You did a great job. Wish you luck on the contest. Thanks for sharing how you did it. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute I would love to know how you made it. I would like to try to make for a table thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Blessings

Aged Treasure Chest

Coffee Filter Fall Leaves