Halloween Is On It's Way!

I have been busy decking out for Halloween and have been greatly influenced by Pinterest this time around. I always love decorating for Halloween, but this time I am decorating our first house instead of an apartment, so it's much more fun and exciting.

Lets take a look at some of the fun things floating around Pinterest, and now our house!



Easy Party City decor. The Domestic Curator: FUN OUTDOOR HALLOWEEN DECOR
Halloween party for teens!

Halloween Decoration Ideas
Halloween Tissue Paper Pom Poms by ThePomPomShop
Coffee Filter Wreath

So that is where most of my inspiration for my Halloween crafts came from this year, do you want to see how mine turned out? 

Let's start in the entry way...outside:

 
Empty water jugs that I stuffed with orange holiday lights and used contact paper for the faces.


 
Those sticks are from an oak tree in our back yard. They make pretty good props that I used in different spots.

 
For the Trick or Treat letters, I used some black cardstock and cut the letters with my Sizzix eClips.
Some of the fonts are from Miss Kate Cuttables. If you use a cutting machine and haven't checked out her store, she has a freebie every single day and her selection is growing daily as well.

 
I made this wreath using berry garland some cloth leaves, burlap and ribbon. 

 
More shadows through the windows.

 
I made a white paper pumpkin and  for the  witch hat I made the spider web using a white gel pen.
 


 

 
My spooky coffee filter wreath.  It took a whole pack (200) of white filters 8-12 cup size.
 

 
 
To create the Trick or Treat Banner I used my eclips again and cut out more letters from Miss Kate Cuttables.

 
 
 I used an old book for the base of my bunting, then layered a doily followed by the letter and finished it off with glitter.

 


 


I also got this idea from Pinterest...it says Bottle of Boos, and it has some ghosts, but they are hard to see.
 


 
I really love chalkboard art, so I created my own framed chalkboard by repurposing an old picture frame. I just painted the frame white and the glass I painted with Martha Stewart's chalkboard paint.

 

 As you walk in the door these fun cat, rat and mouse shadows are really fun!


 I have a fun color changing bulb in that little lamp.


 
And here I made some tissue paper pom poms as well as tulle balls and big rosettes.

 
This is what the shadows look like with the holiday lights on.


 
And here is the outside of our house again. But I wanted the walkway solar lights to be more festive, so I painted transparency paper, cut it up and stuck it inside the solar lights. They look much more fun this way.

 
I used yellow and orange paint.


 
I hope you enjoyed seeing what I have been up to. Have a fun and safe Halloween!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Blessings

Aged Treasure Chest

Coffee Filter Fall Leaves