Happy Day Card!

To start off this fine day, my husband and I needed a good breakfast, so we made our new favorite...German breakfast!
 It all started one day when my husband asked me what kind of breakfast I had when I was in Germany that was completely different than traditional American breakfast foods. I was young growing up in Germany so I had to think about it and even went online to research what most German's have for breakfast, and as soon as I saw pictures, it all started to remind me of foods I had. I put together a grocery list and we created our first German breakfast back in May.
Today, we have mastered the ingredients and loved every bite of it. It consists of a pretzel roll, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheddar cheese, roast beef, chicken, hard boiled eggs with paprika on top and fresh fruit. I know it looks like a lot, and it kind of is, but it's a good meal to start the day. Plus it's so pretty! We pile all of our toppings onto the pretzel roll and YUM!



After filling up, I was inspired to make a fun card to share. I really love Kristina Werner's tutorials using watercolors on cards, so I gave it a try.
I have made paintings with watercolors in the past, but I thought this technique was especially fun. I put blobs of watercolor paint on my Ranger craft mat and spritzed it with water, then I moved my watercolor paper that I had embossed with white embossing powder in the colors until I liked the look.
I added a shadow with my cool gray C3 Copic marker (the only one I own) and it really makes the title show a little better. Then I finished the look with some Trendy Twine and blue rhinestones. Around the card I used Vintage photo and Wild Honey distress ink and some pinking shears that I outlined with a white gel pen.



I have created my own pearlescent water spray and added pearl powder to my water brush as well.







Hope you are having a great happy day!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Blessings

Aged Treasure Chest

Coffee Filter Fall Leaves