Golden Fall Lantern

Hi everyone!
So I've been working on a file that was really fun to get creative with and has morphed a lot since my first vision of it. My husband wanted me to make a pumpkin lantern, so I made my interpretation of it by including other Fall elements.

The files I used are from SVG Cuts:
Boho Butterflies for the lamp base and top detail.
Crisp Days of Fall for the lantern and pumpkins.

Freebies...
Sunflower
Oak Leaves Corner
Bittersweet Wreath


This is what it ended up looking like with some tweaking...






I added hemp around the base and parts of the top for texture but didn't like the dull color so I spiced it up with some gold paint. I used a Letter Press wire fence embossing folder for the details in the base and on the top of the lantern. Then, I finished the top with some Trendy Twine.


This is what my rough sketch looked like. It was all made with off white cardstock.


I didn't have any vellum on hand, but I did have tracing paper, so I made my own colored vellum with watercolors.
This is the blue/purple gradient before I cut it.


And here is the yellow, orange & pink gradient I used for all of the Fall elements.
I used Kraft brown cardstock for all of the brown pieces and used Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the edges.




Here is a closer look at the different sides of the lantern. 


I made a video in case you want to see it in 3-D and with the lamp glowing.


Be sure to stop by SVG Cuts for 25% off all files until September 19, 2015!



Thanks for visiting my page! Hope you are having a great day!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Blessings

Aged Treasure Chest

Coffee Filter Fall Leaves